Supporter
Hamhamham420
Hamhamham420
donator1
A
BILL
TO
Amend the Constitution and Legislative Standards Amendment

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
  1. This Act may be cited as the “LDV Congressional Productivity Amendment”
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
  3. This Bill was authored by Mayor LilDigiVert & Rep. Hamhamham420
  4. This Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. Tekkovvs

2 - Reasons

But I'm better off anyway
Y'all never gon' finish me
Say you seeing 'bout it when you see em
Man, y'all never home anyway
Thought of things that you shoulda said
Said things that you shouldn't say
We even gave you the whole money play
And y'all still broke to this day
Oh it's your time now, yeah, that's what everybody say
I used to wanna be in cabinet then I turned into A
Now I got a house in the bay
Now I got a bigger town than West
And look man, West's town is nice
Mine's just big is what I'm saying
I'm that mayor’s what I'm saying
Getting things done around here
How you let me run it down here
I'm not even from around here

Soon as I'm back in the city they throw a parade
I might get a key to the city and give it to Tae
Or give it to one of the young boys to carry the wave
Yeah, so trust me, they'll be out here
Looking for revenge

3 - Unofficial Reasons

1. This bill gives committees an actual purpose in Congress, and promotes debate within them.
  2. Reps and Senators are not always able to vote and/or debate a bill before a majority is reached. This bill gives the opportunity for both chambers to have lengthier debates. An urgent bill that needs to pass sooner than the 48 hour window can be motioned for an urgent consideration.

Replace:
(2) When debate is finished in the House of Representatives, the Presiding Officer will add a poll to the bill for a 48 hour voting period. The prefix will be changed to Bill: Voting.

(3) After the 48 hours have passed; all votes have been submitted; or a majority is reached, there will be 2 situations:

a. If the Bill is passed, the Presiding Officer will change the Bill status to Bill: Pending and move it to the Senate, notifying the Vice President; or
b. If the Bill is rejected, the Presiding Officer will change the Bill status to Bill: Rejected and move it to the Rejected sub-forum.

With:
(2) When debate is finished in the House of Representatives, the Presiding Officer will add a poll to the bill for a 48 hour voting period along with the relevant committee(s) recommendations (if available). The prefix will be changed to Bill: Voting.

(3) After the 48 hours have passed; or all votes have been submitted; there will be 2 situations:

a. If the Bill is passed, the Presiding Officer will change the Bill status to Bill: Pending and move it to the Senate, notifying the Vice President; or
b. If the Bill is rejected, the Presiding Officer will change the Bill status to Bill: Rejected and move it to the Rejected sub-forum.

Last edited:
Nay - it's an unnecessary burden on the presiding officer. The committee is free to comment their position on the thread prior to voting

Back