LilDigiVert
attorney
House Vote: 7-0-2
Senate Vote: 5-1-0
A
BILL
To

Amend the constitution

The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:​

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Fully Reform Eligibility & Accountability in Court Conduct Act” or the “FREACC Act”
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Act is authored by Rep. LilDigiVert and Sen. DavidxOssoff.

2 - Purpose

“I've been woken from enlightened man's dream
Checkin' Instagram comments to crowdsource my self esteem
Let me not say too much or do too much
'Cause if I'm up way too much, I'm out of touch
I'm prayin' a out-of-body experience will happen
So the people can see my light, now it's not just rappin'
God, I have humbled myself before the court
Drop my ego and confidence was my last resort
I kno-I know he got a plan, I know I'm on your beams
One set of footsteps, you was carryin' me
When I turned on the news and they was buryin' me
One set of footsteps, you was carryin' me
When I was negotiatin' with Mooshroom, it was Icy and me
Told Westray to call me, I was scary to see
I would've took a 100 million and gave 20 to Phat
I heard it's the way they did it when we could only check the stats” - Rep. Lil Digi Vert

(1) The following Code of Conduct establishes the ethical conduct that should be applied by judges whilst fulfilling their duties within the Judicial Branch of the Commonwealth of Redmont.
(2) Adherence to the responsibility of upholding the appearance of the judiciary is vital to the confidence within the impartiality of judges.
(3) This Code may be used as reason for Congress to hold a Judge accountable in a motion of censure, removal, or any other disciplinary action, for misconduct.

3 - Change

“Judges
The Court shall consist of 3 Judges that are responsible for presiding over and delivering non-biased verdicts on all lawsuits. The Judges are to be nominated by the President and approved by the Senate.
Lawsuits
Lawsuits are made in the Courthouse forum. Lawsuits can be either civil cases (a dispute between two parties, usually seeking compensation) or criminal cases (an appeal to the state against a charge).”

4 - Judicial Independence
(1) A Judge should ensure that the high standards of the Judiciary are upheld through their actions and should maintain these standards throughout their duties.
(2) A Judge should avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety in all activities.
(3) A Judge should respect and comply with the law and should act at all times in a manner that promotes public confidence in the integrity and impartiality of the judiciary.
(4) A Judge should not allow family, social, political, financial, or other relationships to influence judicial conduct or judgment.
(5) A Judge should neither lend the prestige of the judicial office to advance the private interests of the Judge or others nor convey or permit others to convey the impression that they are in a special position to influence the Judge.
(6) A Judge should not testify voluntarily as a character witness.

5 - Judicial Responsibilities
(1) A Judge should perform the duties of the office fairly, impartially and diligently
(2) A Judge should remain professional and competent in relation to faithfulness within the law and should not be discouraged by the interests of others, public opinions, or fear of criticism.
(3) A Judge should be patient, dignified, respectful, and courteous to all court personnel with whom the judge interacts within an official capacity.
(4) A Judge should not make public comments on ongoing or impending litigation. This does not apply to public statements made by a judge in an official capacity in the course of discharging their official duties, explanations of court procedures, and objective presentations for the purpose of legal education.

6 - Disqualification
(1) A Judge should disqualify themselves from a case in which the Judge’s impartiality might reasonably be at question, including the following instances:
(a) The Judge has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party,
(b) The Judge has a financial interest in the subject matter.
(c) The Judge has a close relationship with an individual that is concerned within the case.

7 - Extrajudicial Activities
(1) A Judge may only engage in extrajudicial activities that are consistent with the obligations of judicial office.
(2) A Judge should not act with judicial authority unless the judge’s official duties are apparent and authorize such action.
(3) A Judge should not practice law and should not serve as a lawyer unless it is on behalf of themselves.

8 - Financial Activities
(1) A Judge may hold and manage investments, including real estate, and engage in other financially rewarding activity, but should refrain from financial and business dealings that exploit the judicial position or involve the Judge in frequent transactions or continuing business relationships through private enterprise with lawyers or other persons likely to come before the court on which the Judge serves.
(2) A Judge may serve as a director, active partner, manager, advisor, or employee of business as long as the judge holds themselves within a professional manner that upholds the integrity of the judiciary.
(3) A Judge should not disclose or use nonpublic information acquired in a judicial capacity for any purpose unrelated to the Judge’s official duties.

9 - Political Activities
(1) While judges may endorse candidates for office in a personal capacity, they may not join any campaign in an official capacity nor excessively engage in political activity.
(2) A Judge should not solicit funds or make a contribution to a political organization or candidate.
(3) Judges may not use their office to the benefit of any political movement or campaign, including their own political enterprises.
(4) Judges should refrain from giving their opinion on a contentious political matter.
(5) Judges may not seek political office.

Edit: New David Name, better rhyme

Last edited by a moderator:
presidential-seal-redmont-png.4524

This amendment has received presidential assent and may be put to a referendum.

Back