Redmont Bar Assoc.
Supporter
_Austin27_
_Austin27_
attorney
Seal of the President.png

I, _Austin27_, President of the Commonwealth of Redmont,
hereby order the following Executive Order:​

(1) The roles of "Guide," "Trainee Guide," and "Tour Manager" will be commissioned under the Department of Public Affairs as a government job on the following terms.

(1.a) Guides have been brought back in a new way, one that we hope will set the course for the future of the new player experience here on DemocracyCraft. Although the automated guide system has worked very well, it's missing one key feature - player interaction. When a new player joins, they need a reason to stay. Humans are naturally built to form relationships with one another, it is my belief that Guides will be that reason and that missing aspect that has been sorely missed.

Guides are the player's first impression, the front line in a new player's experience here on DemocracyCraft. The job is much more than a simple "Hey, hello, my name is..." type deal. This time around, the job is to be a human, build a relationship, form a bond that gives the individual a reason to stay. There is no script for guides anymore, instead there are simply a few guiding questions that will be conversation starters to get that relationship started.

(1.b) Much like Doctors, Guides will now be based on an attend system rather than a request system. The new player won't have the option to request a guide, rather it will be the Guide's responsibility to run the attend command when they see a new player join and engage with them with how I've described above.

(1.c) If they agree, the Guide will follow them along on the automated guide. They will point out server landmarks, pieces of history, unique features etc...

The important factor is to be a person, not a robot. The main goal is to not make it seem like it's factory produced, rather be there for them like a normal human, answer questions and make conversation.

(1.d) New players can feel like they're lonely in this vast and large community, we hope to change that and Guides how we're going to do it.

(2) Guides will be commissioned on three different levels, sort of like the Department of Justice's system.

(2.a) Guides will start out under the role of "Trainee Guide" where they will learn the basics and general practices of the position. They will then proceed to a full "Guide" and eventually to the "Tour Manager" position. These role promotions are at the discretion of the Secretary of Public Affairs.

(2.b) Salaries will be commissioned as follows:
- Trainee Guide: $15/15 minutes
- Guide: $20/15 minutes
- Tour Manager: $25/15 minutes

(3) This Executive Order is named after the 2nd President of Redmont and forever Tour Guide, Westray.

Glory to Redmont

Signed,
Austin27
President

Back