Antatro

Citizen
Supporter
antatro
antatro
A
BILL
To

Clarify the supreme court, as well as put a hard limit on the amount of possible judges

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Bubbarc 2021 May Court Definition Amendment act”
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Bill was penned by Attorney General BubbaRC and originated by antatro

2 - Judges
Under the “Judges” Section of the constitution the following shall be removed:

Judges are responsible for presiding over and delivering non-biased verdicts on all lawsuits. Judges and the Chief Justice are to be nominated by the President and approved by the Senate. Where there is no Chief Justice, the most senior Judge is Chief Justice by default until otherwise provided.”

And replaced with:

“Judges are responsible for presiding over and delivering non-biased verdicts on all lawsuits. Judges are to be nominated by the President and approved by the Senate. At any time there can only be a maximum of seven judges (including justices.)

3 - Supreme Court
Under the “Supreme Court of Redmont” Section of the constitution the following shall be removed

The Supreme Court of Redmont acts as a Constitutional court, as a check on legislation and executive power when presented with a legal question. The Supreme Court of Redmont hears all Constitutional legal matters and is the appellate court for further appeals. The Supreme court is presided over by three Judges and is Chaired by the Chief Justice. Each Judge/Justice makes his/her own verdict on cases, and where decisions are not unanimous, the decision of the majority prevails. The decision is final - there are no further appeals once a matter has been decided by the Supreme Court, and the decision is binding on all other courts. Where there is a failure to appear, the presiding Judges will deliver a verdict considering the facts presented to the Court.”

And replaced with:

The Supreme Court of Redmont acts as a Constitutional court, as a check on legislation and executive power when presented with a legal question. The Supreme Court of Redmont hears all Constitutional legal matters and is the appellate court for further appeals. The Supreme court is presided over by three Judges and is Chaired by the Chief Justice. Each Judge/Justice makes his/her own verdict on cases, and where decisions are not unanimous, the decision of the majority prevails. The decision is final - there are no further appeals once a matter has been decided by the Supreme Court, and the decision is binding on all other courts. Where there is a failure to appear, the presiding Judges will deliver a verdict considering the facts presented to the Court."

"Judges on the supreme court shall be referred to as “justices,” it shall be decided who is a justice via seniority, with the most senior judges having the first choice on whether or not they should want a seat going down the list until there are no candidates remaining on the court, with the most senior justice being named the Chief Justice should the position go vacant."

Just as the Speaker of the House of Representatives is able to fill in for a judge can they fill in for a justice should the need arise
.”

Justices are still judges and still have the duties of judges

Last edited:
Nay - This makes things convoluted and imposes unnecessary legislative boundaries on the amount of judges.

Nay - The " At any time there can only be a maximum of seven judges (including justices.) " sounds pretty vague to me: we don't know how many judges we are meant to appoint and we don't know how many are in the supreme court and how many are not. I also think that seven judges is a high number, I believe we can easily do the work with 5 judges.

Nay - The " At any time there can only be a maximum of seven judges (including justices.) " sounds pretty vague to me: we don't know how many judges we are meant to appoint and we don't know how many are in the supreme court and how many are not. I also think that seven judges is a high number, I believe we can easily do the work with 5 judges.
at this moment there is no set judge amount, i believe for the first time setting this in place it would be too low

Nay- Not panelled through the Judicial Oversight and Reform Committee.

Back