Oakridge Resident
Reaperay
Reaperay
donator1
A
BILL
TO

Amend blackmail rules and establish a blackmail law.​

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives and Senators in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment blackmail
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Blackmail Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately after it has been signed into law.
(3) Authored by Rep. Reaperay
(4) Co-Sponsored by Rep. xEndeavour

2 - Reasons
(1) To enhance the laws of the nation, the blackmail rule can be amended to allow for blackmail criminal RP. For example, robbing players in-game for benefit of leaking secret in-game information.

3 - Blackmail Rule
(1) Subsection a changes to subsection b.

a. 3.14 - Blackmail
Players cannot threaten to reveal damaging information or content if a demand is not met.
Per Offence: Warning / 1 Week Temp Ban / Perm Ban

b. 3.14 - Blackmail
Players cannot threaten to reveal damaging and malicious personal / real-life information or content if a demand is not met.

4 - Blackmail Law
(1) b. 17.21 - Blackmail

Players cannot threaten to reveal damaging information or content if a demand is not met.
Per Offence: Maximum 15 Minutes Jail, up to $1500 Fine.

Bans are only applicable for rules, not for laws if I'm not mistaken, therefore this bill isnt even possible. Thats if I'm correct about bans only being applicable for rules and not for laws, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that I'm not. So this Bill cant be a Bill basically.

Bans are only applicable for rules, not for laws if I'm not mistaken, therefore this bill isnt even possible. Thats if I'm correct about bans only being applicable for rules and not for laws, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that I'm not. So this Bill cant be a Bill basically.
This bill is making a blackmail law in addition to the rule:

Rule
3.14 - Blackmail
Players cannot threaten to reveal damaging and malicious personal / real-life information or content if a demand is not met.

Law
17.21 - Blackmail

This bill is making a blackmail law in addition to the rule:

Rule
3.14 - Blackmail

Law
17.21 - Blackmail
ahh I get it now. Why have a law that is a rule already tho?

ahh I get it now. Why have a law that is a rule already tho?

Enhance laws and roleplay - staff don't tend to act on RP blackmail so reaper has defined the rule to be personal / real-life information or content.

Back