Oakridge Resident
1975Consumer
1975Consumer
donator4
A
BILL
To

Improve Our Server

The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Basic Income Increase Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Act was authored by Speaker of the House 218218Consumer.
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by Rep. FracturedGhast7.

2 - Reason
(1) The government currently has massive surpluses each month from balance taxes and plot sales, meaning money that could be going into public investment is staying in the treasury instead. An increase to UBI would increase server wealth equality while stimulating business and economic growth by redirecting money into the free market instead of keeping it in the government.
(2) By maintaining current tax rates while increasing UBI, players have a greater incentive to stay active: UBI is effectively a tax credit for activity.

3 - Terms
The Universal Basic Income Act shall be amended as follows:

"(1) For every 15 minutes of playtime, player’s holding “Profession” and “Regular” jobs shall be paid $5 $7 from the DCGovernment balance. This will not stack with other salaries. The Executive may choose to increase or decrease the disbursement amount, but may not go under $2/15 mins.
(2) Any playtime accumulated before the passage of this bill will not result in the player receiving any funds. Funding disbursement intervals begin when the bill goes into effect."

Veto

This bill has been vetoed for the following reasons:
- The Department of Education & Commerce and the Executive Branch should maintain some control over UBI as it pertains to increases or decreases. The DEC is the most knowledgeable aspect of the server for government finances.
- The government is currently experiencing a deficit in funds and it would be irresponsible to sign a bill increasing government spending in a time where we simply can't afford it.
- Although I support UBI, I simply cannot sign this bill. It should be re-proposed in the future with amendments to counteract the reasons I've outlined here for my veto.

Back