CIVIL ACTION

Vernalsoul1355
Plaintiff

v.

A_n_t
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

On August 21st, 2022, at approx 9:35 pm CDT, the defendant posted in global chat the following message, and I quote: "first person to send me 1000 dollars gets a shulker of elytras". I paid A_n_t the 1000 that he asked. Upon payment, the defendant then responded in global chat with the following message, and I quote: "i lied, you want the money back?" I requested that the defendant return the $1,000, however he has failed to do so at the time of this filing (TBD)

I. PARTIES
1. Vernalsoul1355 - Plaintiff
2. A_n_t - Defendant

II. FACTS
1. The defendant, A_n_t, posted in global chat "first person to send me 1000 dollars get a shulker of elytras".
2. The Plaintiff, Vernalsoul1355, promptly paid the defendant, A_n_t,the $1000 requested.
3. The defendant, A_n_t, then responded in global chat "i lied, you want the money back?"
4. The defendant, A_n_t, has not paid the Plaintiff, Vernalsoul1355, back the $1000 at the time of this filing.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. By intentionally lying about the proposed transaction ($1,000) and showing no remorse nor make any attempt to return the $1,000 to the Plaintiff. the Defendant has committed Fraud, as defined in Law 10.1, and I quote: "an intentional or reckless misrepresentation or omission of an important fact, especially a material one, to a victim who justifiably relies on that misrepresentation; and the victim party or entity suffered actual, quantifiable injury or damages as a result of the misrepresentation or omission."

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $1,000, the amount stolen from the Plaintiff, Vernalsoul1355.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 21st day of August, 2022.

Attachments

• exhibit_A_2.0.png
    exhibit_A_2.0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Your Honor, opposing counsel, apologies for the unsolicited remarks, however I would like to point out to the court that I erred in the name of the Plaintiff (myself). I wrote Vernalsole1355 when my in-game username is actually Vernalsoul1355. I have edited the original filing to reflect this. If the appropriate party would please edit the title of the filing as well, the Plaintiff would be most grateful. I apologize for and regret the error. Thank you.

MOTION TO DISMISS

Your Honor, opposing counsel, I would like to inform the court that the Defendant, A_n_t has returned to me the $1,000 that the Plaintiff, myself, had requested in the prayers of relief, proof is attached. This was done shortly after the filing was submitted. As such, I would like to request that this case be dismissed. Thank you.

1661138114547.png

Last edited:
At the request of the plaintiff, case dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back