Town Record State of Willow Report - AUGUST 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town of Willow

Citizen
Rtr7Cz4.png

STATE OF WILLOW

The purpose of the State of Willow Reports is to increase town transparency and provide unique insight into the happenings of the town council. This was created upon the passage a by-law and modeled after the federal government's SOTG Reports, however adjusted for our unique local level of transparency.

TOWN COUNCIL

Westray - Mayor
Tekkovvs - Deputy Mayor
Belovria - Residential Advisor
JohnKrasinskii - Industrial Advisor
Icypenguin79 - Commerce Advisor
Twixted - Public Relations Advisor
Drew8716 - Transportation Advisor

BY-LAWS PASSED

Town Symbols Act: Passed 7-0-0
Farm Plot Reform Act: Passed 6-0-0
State of Willow Transparency Act: Passed 7-0-0

TOWN DIRECTIVES PASSED

Knightsbridge Commercial District Release: Passed 7-0-0
Knightsbridge Housing Area: Passed 6-0-0

CONSTRUCTION

The town of Willow constructed a number of aesthetic and building reforms throughout the month, including:
  • Knightsbridge Commercial District - August 8 2021
  • Central Spawn Reform - August 12 2021
  • Graveyard - August 19 2021
  • Knightsbridge Homes - August 27 2021
LeapingLena, _Zab_, and the Mayor, Westray, have been among the builders of these projects in Willow, in conjunction with the work of planning these releases by the town council.

SPENDING

Total Spending: $104,000

Paste Fees: $90,000
Property Reimbursements: $20,500
Builder Payments: $11,500

MAYORAL ADDRESS

Over the past month, Willow has made an exceptional amount of progress. We have successfully enacted the largest reform and change seen in the town throughout its history. I have worked tirelessly proposing and discussing ideas with the town council every step of the way, and it has paid off.

Prior to the month of August, near the end of July, we had seen the largest local election yet occur in Willow. In our unique ranked-choice voting system, Willow had elected five Advisors on July 30, 2021, to serve and support the town its progress during the entire month of August.

It is with the support of these newly elected Advisors and the new Deputy Mayor, tekkovvs, that we have managed to achieve such a strong force of activity and development in August. When various projects were built, the council helped determine pricing and plans for release, along with suggesting a variety of ideas to bring to the table. In addition to this, members of the town council have gone above and beyond to support the town of Willow, with Twixted's consistent graphic design for the town, Drew8716's thorough ideas on property allocation, and the many other contributions made by the council. I would also like to note that the approachable nature and support of Willow by the State Secretary, xEndeavour, has also been much appreciated, and I look forward to seeing what kind of improvements can be made for towns in the coming months.

Throughout this month, we have seen some bold new infrastructure constructed within the town. Not only is this thanks to the town council, but to the building and design by LeapingLena and myself. It is arguably the Knightsbridge District that has brought a substantial amount of attention to the town's growing economy.

As we head into September, I'd like to continue this progress and to further promote community involvement in the town of Willow. This month, we have seen Willow grow to become the discord to have the most members in comparison to the rest of the town discords. These kind of milestones are not without the continued promotion of the town and the support of its residents.

Thank you to everyone involved in supporting the town of Willow and to its wonderful council, I look forward to another productive month.

- Westray, Mayor of Willow

POPULATION

Exam Residents: 17
Town-Defined Residents: 40
Local Business Owners: 22

The town of Willow has seen an increase in population and usual foot traffic within the town since July. Additionally, an explosion of new economic investment has risen in the town of Willow as a result of the new reformed commercial area.

ADVISORIAL REMARKS

Residential Advisor Belovria:
Being that much hasn’t been done in the residential standpoint, I have been thinking of some ways that we could really bring the community of Willow together. Show that each and every one of our residents is being heard, but I want to tackle “togetherness” first. I have some local town event ideas in mind. We might already have something like this, but maybe I can form some sort of residency reports? Really involve, and get an idea of what more I can do on their behalf. Then move on from there.

Commerce Advisor Icypenguin79:
This month has been no doubt one of the most active and productive in Willow's history. With the release of Knightsbridge, commerce in Willow shall prosper. I will continue working with business owners and local residents to improve Willow as they see fit. Please DM me with any questions and concerns, I'm always available via discord :)

Public Relations Advisor Twixted:
Last month, my main priority as Public Relations Advisor was improving Willow’s overall public image. I introduced the Town Symbols Act (with the included designs) early in my term, which designated a new official town logo, flag, and in-game banner, the latter of which residents have likely seen displayed prominently throughout the town. The Willow government also planned and held several events in that time period in order to celebrate the openings of new areas of the town, including the Medieval Festival, which was held in conjunction with the DPA, for the commercial expansion, a ceremony for the updated central area, and a block party for the residential expansion. As a result of what was accomplished by the Council in such a short time, there is more activity in Willow today than ever before, and residents and visitors alike are only beginning to see what Willow truly has to offer as the nation's town of opportunity. In the coming months, I look forward to continuing to push that exact message and planning more events within the town in coordination with the DPA, which has recently launched new channels of communication between town and federal event leadership under my direction as DPA Secretary.

Transportation Advisor Drew8716:
While there hasn't been any large changes regarding transportation, there have been a few small improvements here and there such as more street lamps and more of a variety in the texture of the roads. In the future I hope to establish a sort of medieval themed bus system, buses would be styled as wagons with horses and would be located in a variety of locations around Willow to aid in transport across long distances in Willow.

EVENTS

The town of Willow held a number of engaging events throughout the month, some with the support of the council and the Department of Public Affairs:
  • Medieval Festival - August 8 2021
  • Town Hall Ceremony - August 13 2021
  • Block Party and Hide & Seek - August 27 2021
Some pictures from the events have been included below:

IfzzOjK.png

FUTURE PLANS

The town of Willow currently has much in planning, including:
  • Town Expansions
  • Reforms to the Race Track
  • Creation of a Willow Event Centre
  • Advanced Transportation Systems
  • More Frequent Events