Old Motions (RBA Before SMLBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum will contain all passed motions in the Redmont Bar Association.

If a motion is repealed, it will be crossed out like this:
Example

If a motion is amended, the original text will be crossed out and the new text written beneath it, like this:
Example
Amended Example

Additional notes for clarity may be added to the bottom of a motion with the following format:
Example note.

This forum will contain all failed motions in the Redmont Bar Association.

Additional notes for clarity may be added to the bottom of a motion with the following format:
Example note.

November 4, 2021

I motion to formally investigate Tekkovs for conduct unbecoming of a lawyer.

- Chairperson AlexanderLove

Aye: Admin23, Aladeen22, Drew_Hall
Nay: None

November 4, 2021

I move that the Council permanently disbar tekkovvs.

- Councilperson Admin23

Aye: Admin23, Aladeen22, ItzBananaMuffin

November 4, 2021

I move that the Council permanently revoke tekkovvs' practicing license.

- Councilperson Admin23

Aye: Admin23, ItzBananaMuffin, Drew_Hall

November 6, 2021

I move to dissolve the contracts and constitutional committees.

Aye: Drew_Hall, Aladeen22, Admin23

November 7, 2021

I move to establish the following two committees:

1) The Legal Journal Committee, who will be responsible for authoring publications in regards to the analysis and application of statuary law.

2) The Court Journal Committee, who will be responsible for authoring publications in regards to the analysis and application of common law.

Aye: Admin23, Aladeen22, Drew_Hall

Although this motion was not technically repealed, both of the committees created by this motion were eventually dissolved.

November 7, 2021

I move to have all board members reverify and update their roles in the coming week in order to have a more accurate census of the legal board.

Aye: Drew_Hall, Admin23, ItzBananaMuffin

November 9, 2021

I move to make Council chat, Council debate, and council floor public (grant read permissions to all board members) (not write) in the spirit of transparency. However, all these channels (except Council floor) will be archived and left private as messages were spoken with the assumption of confidence. New channels will be created for chat and debate and those will be public to read. One private RBA channel will be created for the purpose of classified ethics investigations solely.

Aye: ItzBananaMuffin, Admin23, Drew_Hall

November 15, 2021

I move to hereby dissolve the Legal Journal Committee and instead add its former responsibilities to the Court Journal Committee. The Court Journal Committee shall be renamed to the Journal Committee.

Aye: Admin23, ItzBananaMuffin, Aladeen22

Although this motion was not technically repealed, the Journal Committee created by this motion was eventually dissolved.

November 21, 2021

I move to close the investigation currently outstanding in regards to Canxx and Aladeen.

Aye: None
Abstain: Drew_Hall
Nay: Admin23, ItzBananaMuffin

November 24, 2021

I motion, to create a process were people that have been warned by the RBA Council have a chance to appeal throughout a ticket. It must've passed 2 weeks since you received the warning to appeal it.

- Councilperson Aladeen22

Aye: Drew_Hall, Gertis7, Aladeen22

November 26, 2021

I move to amend the bylaws to replace all iterations of the word Chairman with the word Chairperson.

Aye: Drew_Hall, Gertis7, Aladeen22

November 29, 2021

I hereby nominate Drew_Hall for the officer position of PDP Director.

Aye: Gertis7, AlexanderLove*
Abstain: Drew_Hall
Nay: Aladeen22

* The Chairperson cast a tie-breaking vote.

December 4, 2021

I move to close all pending ethics investigations as we are no longer responsible for such activities.

- Unknown source

Aye: Gertis7, RelaxedGV
Abstain: Aladeen22

Source is unknown because the Chairperson at the time of the motion did not mention who made the motion.

January 15, 2022

I motion to prohibit advertising law firms in all channels except #legal-adverts.

- Unknown source

Aye: Gertis7, Aladeen22, RelaxedGV

Source is unknown because the Chairperson at the time of the motion did not mention who made the motion.

January 28, 2022

I move to replace the current Ethical Doctrine with the one attached. The attached version has been updated to comply with the Modern Legal Board Act (this means the "rules" are either voluntary or re-iterations of the reasons for disbarment set out in the Act) and edited for grammar, spelling and clarity. Feel free to let me know of any errors and I will fix them.

- Councilperson Magills0819

Aye: Magills0819, awwimnicki, IgnitedTnt

Attachments

• RBA_Ethical_Doctrine.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 97
January 29, 2022

I move to repeat motion #2 from record-of-motions, "Have all board members reverify and update their roles in the coming week in order to have a more accurate census of the legal board." I also move to make motion #12 a procedure every 1.5 months.

- Councilperson IgnitedTnT

Aye: IgnitedTnT, TpersonH
Nay: Magills0819, awwimnicki, Drew_Hall*

January 29, 2022

I move to create a channel where Board Members can provide feedback on active and proposed motions.

Aye: Magills0819, IgnitedTnT, TpersonH
Abstain: awwimnicki

January 30, 2022

I move to put this motion to a vote:
"I motion so the RBA sues Lawanoesepr to get his practicing license removed for a period of 3 weeks. This would be because filing frivolous lawsuits and lying on court cases for his own benefit."

Aye: Magills0819, IgnitedTnT, TpersonH, awwimnicki

February 14, 2022

I move to create a debate channel for election times where candidates can openly express their ideas and visions for the association. Along with this would come with new roles titled "Council Candidate" and "Chairperson Candidate" The purpose of this channel would be to organize a space for potential Council members/Chairpersons to actively challenge each other on the changes they would make, and so board members can give input in the general channels.

- Chairperson Drew_Hall

Aye: Magills0819, awwimnicki, TpersonH
Nay: IgnitedTnT

February 15, 2022

I move to create a channel where lawyer misconduct can be reported.

Aye: awwimnicki, IgnitedTnT, TpersonH

February 16, 2022

I move to create a Legal Mentor role within the RBA to distinguish lawyers who have taken upon the new position recently passed.

- Chairperson Drew_Hall

Aye: awwimnicki, Magills0819, TpersonH, IgnitedTnT

February 19, 2022

I move to dissolve the Journal Committee.

- Chairperson Drew_Hall

Aye: awwimnicki, TpersonH, Magills0819

April 5, 2022

I move to nullify and remove the RBA bylaws. They are outdated and need to go.

- Councilperson lawanoesepr

Aye: Gertis7
Nay: Magills0819

This is a Complex Motion, and thus would need unanimous support to pass.

April 19, 2022

I motion for a reverification of all roles, not only lawyer roles but judges, state prosecutors, etc, too.

- Councilperson Gertis7

Aye: Gertis7, Sumo, Aladeen22

April 19, 2022

I motion to create a lawyer-announcements channel where only lawyers have access for announcements such as recall. This could be useful for non lawyers not being able to vote on recall votes, etc.

- Councilperson Gertis7

Aye: Gertis7, Sumo, Aladeen22, UtahCowboy

April 20, 2022

I motion to make #council-voting private, this is to have a better system when it comes to know which are valid votes. (Anyone can still see all the details of motions in #record-of-motions).

Aye: Gertis7, Sumo, Aladeen22, UtahCowboy

May 15, 2022

I motion to establish a new ethics committee. Members of the committee would be accepted by the Chairman and the Council via an application to ensure that only capable, ethical, professional and active lawyers are in the committee. The job of the ethics committee is to investigate unethical procedures which are then sent to the RBA Council. Finally, members of the RBA Council cannot be members of the ethics committee.

Aye: Gertis7, Aladeen22
Nay: UtahCowboy

May 15, 2022

I motion to prohibit abstaining on motions, nominations, and everything that an RBA Councillor needs to vote on unless there is a conflict of interest.

Aye: Aladeen22, UtahCowboy
Nay: Gertis7

May 15, 2022

I motion to set up a mandatory announcement once a week that the RBA Chairperson must send in lawyer-announcements stating everything the RBA Council has worked on that week.

- Councilperson Gertis7

Aye: Gertis7
Nay: Aladeen22, UtahCowboy

May 25, 2022

I motion to establish a Lawyer Suggestion System hereafter referred to as the LSS. This system will let lawyers suggest improvements to the RBA in a ticket and if a council member likes it they can motion to implement it. The LSS will help encourage feedback from lawyers so we can keep the RBA running smoothly and adapting to challenges in the future.

- Councilperson Greenish9

Aye: Krix, Avelanie, RelaxedGV, Greenish9

July 13, 2022

I motion for a vote for the Redmont Bar Association to notify Congress of our support for the dissolution of the redmont Bar Association and the consolidation of the various duties of the Redmont Bar Association under the Department of Legal Affairs.

- Councilperson hugebob12345

Aye: hugebob12345, xLayzur
Nay: Sumo, RelaxedGV, Milqy

July 13, 2022

I motion for the establishment of a Proportionally Representative Council elections similar to Redmont House of Representatives elections, in accordance with the following motion:

Aye: hugebob12345, xLayzur
Nay: Sumo, RelaxedGV, Milqy

July 23, 2022

I motion to recommend to Congress the COMMENDATION of Chairman Milqy. His work at the RBA has been great and needs to be recognized.

- Councilperson StressedGV

Aye: hugebob12345, nnmc, StressedGV

July 23, 2022

I motion to establish an Abolition Committee, with the duty of working towards the abolition of this organization and transferring its responsibilities to other entities.

- Councilperson nnmc

Aye: hugebob12345, nnmc
Nay: StressedGV, Milqy

July 23, 2022

I motion to replace the bylaws with the following text: " "

Aye: hugebob12345
Nay: StressedGV, nnmc

July 27, 2022

I motion to replace Disbarment with remedial training, Disbarment shall only be used in extreme circumstances whe na lawyer seriously breaches ethics(Bribery).

Aye: StressedGV
Nay: hugebob12345, nnmc

July 29, 2022

I motion to create a temporary reform committee. This committee shall be a pure advisory committee, who will advise us on what reforms we shall make.

Aye: StressedGV, nnmc
Nay: hugebob12345, f6rn, Aladeen22*

August 7, 2022

I motion to enact a recall cooldown of 2 weeks, and that recall should be up to the chairman to approve or deny.

Aye: StressedGV
Nay: f6rn, hugebob12345, nnmc

August 30, 2022

I motion to establish a monthly survey regarding approval ratings of all RBA Council, including the RBA Chairman.

- Councilperson f6rn

The Chairperson at the time did not list the votes, but did label the Motion as passing.

August 30, 2022

I motion to require that we have at least three (3) classes available through the PLQ to all members of the RBA by the end of September.

- Councilperson Dartanman

Aye: Dartanman
Nay: hugebob12345, nnmc, f6rn

August 31, 2022

I motion to, effective immediately, require all committee chairpersons to provide a biweekly report (that is, a report every two (2) weeks) to the RBA Council. Exemptions can be made for IRL circumstances.

Aye: Dartanman, hugebob23456, Aladeen22*
Nay: nnmc, f6rn

September 2, 2022

I motion to amend the previous motion in order to require that all committee chairpersons provide a committee report between the 1st and 3rd days of each month and another report between the 15th and 17th days of each month. Additionally, the report must be shared in lawyer-announcements, unless the channel is deleted. Exemptions may still be made for IRL circumstances. This is to better codify the standards of the biweekly report in order to avoid any ambiguity about the motion.

Aye: Dartanman, hugebob23456, Aladeen22*
Nay: nnmc, f6rn

September 20, 2022

I motion to establish the policies outlined within this PDF for the Legal Education Committee and the upcoming Legal Education Program

Aye: Dartanman, f6rn, Aladeen22*
Nay: hugebob23456, nnmc

Attachments

• Legal_Education_Policies (1).pdf
    45 KB · Views: 77
October 16, 2022

I motion to establish a Nomination system, similar to Congress we nominate people that had the highest votes in the election after the winners. If a majority is not met with any of the candidates we then contact the department of state to make a special election. This motion shall be put into effect immediately once it passes.

Aye: Aladeen22
Nay: dygyee, f6rn, Claxx77

October 17, 2022

I motion to officially request Congress to amend the Modern Legal Board Act to require that Magistrates/Judges/Justices utilize the Public Defender Program in the event that a citizen is sued who meets the follownig requirements:
1. Does not have a forums account or has not logged on to the forums in over 1 month.
2. Does not have a Discord account present in the DemocracyCraft Discord server.

(FOR CLARIFICATION: Citizens must meet both of these requirements)

- Chairperson Dartanman

Aye: dygyee, Claxx77, poemhunter

October 25, 2022

I motion to officially commend Aladeen, and request a Congressional commendation for Aladeen, for over 1 year of service on the RBA Council.

- Chairperson Dartanman

Aye: Claxx77, poemhunter, LieutenantDerp99
Nay: dygyee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back