CIVIL ACTION

Olisaurus123

Plaintiff

v.

BubblyBo

Defendant

COMPLAINT

The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

The defendant has, more than once, openly slandered and defamed the plaintiff, resulting in potentially thousands of dollars worth of loss in sales.

I. PARTIES

1. Olisaurus123

2. BubblyBo

II. FACTS

1. The defendant has demonstrated a repeating pattern of slander towards the plaintiff, by alleging multiple times, without evidence, that the plaintiff is a scammer, specifically when the plaintiff is dealing with new players. (Exhibit #1 & #2).

2. The defendant's actions have caused the plaintiff multiple thousands of dollars worth of loss in sales and rentable regions, again, based on a claim with no evidence to back it up.

3. The defendant has deliberately used the malicious and slandering statement “whos oli scamming now?” after the plaintiff said “ill drop first” (Exhibit #1) in order to lower the reputation of the plaintiff and cause the plaintiff to lose a sale.

4. The defendant said publicly "lmaos stop scamming new players Olisaurus123" (Exhibit #2) after the plaintiff had asked a player if they wanted a shop, referring to a plot that had been rented a large number of times previously by players that weren't under the impression that the plaintiff was a scammer.

5. The plaintiff had made an agreement with a player to sell an elytra 3 minutes before the slandering message (Exhibit #3), which after the message in chat, did not happen.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF

1. Due to the messages sent by the defendant, the plaintiff has lost multiple sales causing revenue to decrease.
2. All the messages sent by the defendant are classified as both "Defamation" which means "A false and unprivileged statement of fact that can negatively impact someone's reputation." and "Slander" which means "a false statement which defames another person." according to the defamation act.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF

The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $200 in legal fees.
2. $500 for loss of sale of 1 Elytra + Fireworks.
3. $100 for emotional damages.
4. $1,000 for loss of the player not renting the region.

Exhibit #1
Proof of defendant saying "whos oli scamming now?" after plaintiff said "ill drop first"
1649149853227.png

Exhibit #2
Proof of defendant calling out plaintiff for being a scammer after plaintiff tried offering a rentable region to a player.
1649148120089.png

Exhibit #3
Proof of sale the plaintiff was going to make before the slandering message was sent.
1649149802501.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: 05/04/2022

Last edited:
district-court-png.12083

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Bubblybo is required to appear before the District Court in the case of Olisaurus123 v. BubblyBo

Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

Your honor, may I request an in-game trial?

As per the court rules and procedures, the other party must respond before any considerations in that direction are made. Your request is duly noted.

You have until 48 hours from the summons to post a response, or to have an attorney post one representing you. Anything else will be dealt with after that.

72 hour extension granted.

I can’t do an i game until 22nd April, or generally be active. Can we put this case on hold until then?

Your Honor,

I have been retained as the defenses council and will need some time to familiarize and a post a statement. I am asking the court for a 48 extension.

48 hour extension granted.

Time has elapsed.

@SumoMC You have 24 hours to respond before you are charged with contempt of court.

@SumoMC is now found in contempt of court, and the charge will escalate if no response is posted.

MOTION TO DISMISS

The defence moves that the complaint in this case be dismissed, and in support thereof, respectfully alleges:

1. The plaintiff may have shown the slanderous comments, which have been an ongoing joke for me with oil, but the defendant has failed to provide any proof of loss of sales. And the plaintiff has not filed the case against the slander, only for loss of sales, which the plaintiff has not provided.

DATED: This 15th day of Apr 2022

Last edited:
The Plaintiff has 48 hours to respond if they wish.

MOTION TO DISMISS

The defence moves that the complaint in this case be dismissed, and in support thereof, respectfully alleges:

1. The plaintiff may have shown the slanderous comments, which have been an ongoing joke for me with oil, but the defendant has failed to provide any proof of loss of sales. And the plaintiff has not filed the case against the slander, only for loss of sales, which the plaintiff has not provided.

DATED: This 15th day of Apr 2022
RESPONSE TO MOTION TO DISMISS

Olisaurus123 Plaintiff

V

BubblyBo
Defendant

I. Response to motion to dismiss

1. Lack of evidence is not a proper reason to motion to dismiss.

Last edited:
I will be rejecting the motion to dismiss given that its primary argument is a lack of evidence.

The Plaintiff may present their opening statement, or if there is still a request to have an in-game trial, make that request known.

Your honour, I’m on vacation at the moment. If I could get an in game trial, I’m happy to go through, I’d need it to be next sunday

I don't mind waiting however long Bubblybo needs for an in-game trial.

I apologize for my tardy reply, but in accordance with the recently established method of scheduling an in-game trial, a Discord chat will be made with all parties in it and I will then make an announcement with the time and date.

The in-game trial could not be decided upon, so proceedings will continue here. The Plaintiff may now present their opening statement.

First off, please do not speak out of turn. You are not the Plaintiff, whose opening statement I requested.

Second of all, as the Plaintiff has not provided their opening statement, we will be moving on without it, and if they fail to respond in time again they may be found in contempt of court.

Moving on, the Defendant may provide their opening statement. I will grant the 72 hour request. The Defendant has 72 hours from this message to present their statement or we will continue on without it.

First off, please do not speak out of turn. You are not the Plaintiff, whose opening statement I requested.

Second of all, as the Plaintiff has not provided their opening statement, we will be moving on without it, and if they fail to respond in time again they may be found in contempt of court.

Moving on, the Defendant may provide their opening statement. I will grant the 72 hour request. The Defendant has 72 hours from this message to present their statement or we will continue on without it.
Your honor, I am sorry for taking so long, but due to the amount of time that was wasted waiting for an in-game trial, things have changed, I am settling with the defendant.

Does the Plaintiff wish to have this case dismissed?

Very well, the case is hereby dismissed at the request of the Plaintiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back