CIVIL ACTION

Neemfy
Plaintiff

v.

Commonwealth of Redmont
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

I have been a State Prosecutor for the DLA since my tenure as Solicitor General ended in May of 2022. During this period of time, I have made $5 per 15 minutes. According to the Wages Act, the base rate of Government Employees is $25 per 15 minutes. In the guide “Government Pay,” State Prosecutor is not listed anywhere on the guide, despite being a Government Employee.

I. PARTIES
1. Neemfy
2. Commonwealth of Redmont

II. FACTS
1. I have worked for the Government as a State Prosecutor for almost 1 year.
2. After my tenure as Deputy Secretary of the DLA I have been paid $5 per 15 minutes.
3. The Wages Act states in Section 6 - Salary Levels:
“Level 4: $25/15min
Base rate of Government employees. A small amount of responsibility, no management, and no governance. Little-to-no work required off the server.”
4. The State Prosecutor job is not listed on the guide “Government Pay.”

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. Based on the Wages Act and the Government Pay guide created in the Wages Act, I am entitled to $25 per 15 minutes as a government employee.
2. I have played for 31 hours and 42 minutes in the last 30 days.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant.
1. State Prosecutors gain the wage of $25 per 15 minutes.
2. State Prosecutor is added to Level 4 of the Government Pay Guide.
3. $2500 for compensation of lost wages.
4. $1000 in legal fees, as I am using up my time while filing this complaint.

EVIDENCE:
1666635367009.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 24th day of October 2022

Last edited:
district-court-png.12083

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Attorney General's Office is required to appear before the District Court in the case of Neemfy v. Commonwealth of Redmont [2022] DCR 51. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

Neemfy
Plaintiff

v.

The Commonwealth
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The Commonwealth does not dispute FACTS I.
2. The Commonwealth does not dispute FACTS II. But would like to highlight that this is part of standard payments and not due to the fact that the Plaintiff is hired by the DLA.
3. The Commonwealth does not dispute FACTS III. the text in question does state this, but would like to highlight that we are unsure why the Plaintiff has quoted this section as it does not apply to the position of State Prosecutor.
4. The Commonwealth does not dispute FACTS IV. However would like to highlight that this is a guide and not a legal document.
5. The Commonwealth disputes CLAIMS FOR RELIEF 1. as the Plaintiff has, with no explanation, decided that the job if State Prosecutor should be a Level 4 position, which specifically mentions "Little-to-no work required off the server" - if the Plaintiff believes that as a Prosecutor their job is mainly on the Minecraft server and not on the forums they should perhaps reevaluate how they have been doing their job, if they made a mistake when reading the law they should also do the same.

In fact the same law lists Level 0 as - commission, this is in fact the level that, as far as I know, State Prosecutors have operated at since the roles inception.

II. DEFENCES
1. In response to the PRAYER FOR RELIEF 1. The Executive has the ability to decide which level of pay each Government Job is paid based on the guidelines of the Wages Act. State Prosecutors are paid on commission as they take cases and spend the majority of their job on the forums, anytime the Plaintiff has spent playing in the actual Minecraft server is time not spent doing their job as a State Prosecutor because it is a job tht cannot be done on the server.
2. In response to the PRAYER FOR RELIEF 2. State Prosecutors should be added to level 0 of the jobs guide, not level 4 as the Plaintiff believes, and the Commonwealth apologize for the mistake of previous administrations in not updating this, however this is something that is already being reviewed and furthermore this document is only a guide.
3. In response to the PRAYER FOR RELIEF 3. Due to changes in Department policy the Plaintiff has actually just received 5 days ago $4,000 in commissions for 2 cases done in the past 30 days. Therefore it would seem they are advocating for a paycut, while admirable the job of State Prosecutor is paid on commission so they will have to keep the extra $1,500.
4. In response to the PRAYER FOR RELIEF 4. Had the Department employee raised their concerns with their belief they were being under paid with myself I could have explained to them, as I have done in this suit why they are wrong. However instead everyones time has been wasted by this lawsuit. So obviously the Commonwealth disputes these legal fees.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 28th day of October 2022

MOTION TO NOLLE PROSEQUI

After discussions with the Defendant out of court, the Plaintiff would like to have this case dismissed.

DATED: This 27th day of October, 2022.

Case dismissed at the request of Plaintiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back