Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

I. PARTIES
1. The Commonwealth of Redmont - Defendant
2. Mask3D_WOLF - Plaintiff

II. FACTS
1. Rurge was unlawfully made acting Attorney General by President Derpy_Bird
2. The Executive Standards Act states the following: "(1) Any person which holds roles functionally equivalent to a department Secretary must be approved by the Congress. This includes “Acting” Secretaries."
3. [2022] FCR 6 sets precedent for this as well
4. Rurge is an acting secretary as the Attorney General is the secretary of Legal Affairs
5. Rurge was not confirmed by congress

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. Rurge was unlawfully make acting Attorney General
2. The Executive Standards Act was broken

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. Rurge is removed from the position of acting Attorney General until he can be confirmed by congress as acting Attorney General
2. $0 in legal fees

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 8th day of January 2023

Attachments

• 233A816A-787E-43A0-8A97-12093D25364E.png
    233A816A-787E-43A0-8A97-12093D25364E.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 44
Apologies to the court for not providing this with the main post, here is the transcript of the ticket in which congress says that Rurge was never confirmed. (Link) (Please let me know if you cannot view the ticket)

Last edited:
federal-court-png.12082

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

The Attorney General, or someone who can legally represent the Commonwealth, is required to appear before the court in the case of the Mask3D_WOLF v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2023] FCR 8. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favor of the plaintiff.

I'd also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

MOTION TO DISMISS

Your Honor, Opposing Council

Acting Attorney General Rurge has been approved by the Senate and is hereby fully legally the Acting Attorney General. Given that this prayer of relief has been fulfilled, the Commonwealth believes the case should be dismissed as there will be nothing gained from the case continuing. The Commonwealth apologizes for this and it will not happen again.

proof of the vote and result of the vote
1673480501186.png

The Plaintiff has 48 hours to post a rebuttal or state that they would not like to post one.

Your Honor, I would like to include in the Prayers for Relief an investigation by congress into how the President could be ignorant to the laws that govern this matter and could even deny that such laws exist (see attached screenshot sent in the DLA discord).

Attachments

• 474F59D6-E965-42B2-BB37-FA3995C2A1A5.png
    474F59D6-E965-42B2-BB37-FA3995C2A1A5.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 67
RESPONSE TO MOTION TO DISMISS

There is indeed reason to continue this case, per the recent update of the Prayer for Relief. Also, violating the Executive Standards Act is a very serious matter. Both of those being considered, I think this case should be heard.

MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGEMENT

I believe this case is straightforward enough for a summary judgment to occur.

The Defendant has 24 hours to determine if they would like a summary judgement or not.

Your Honor, Opposing Council

The Defense agrees to a Summary Judgement. Given the terms we believe it is the best option and quickest option to resolve the matter.

Verdict

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

Mask3D_WOLF v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2023] FCR 8

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. The Plaintiff claims that Rurge was nominated as the acting Attorney General/acting secretary of the DLA without congressional approval.
2. The presidents lack of knowledge that acting secretaries need approval from congress should be investigated as the president shouldn't be that ignorant when it comes to knowing the laws.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. Congress approved Rurge as the acting AG.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. As for the Plaintiff's first prayer for relief, the Senate has already approved Rurge as the acting AG, so there is no need to remove Rurge from their position.
2. As for the Plaintiff's second prayer for relief, ignorance of the law is not a crime. While it is also not a valid reason to break the law, there can be no legal action taken against someone for not knowing a law if they haven't broken the law.

IV. DECISION
1. I hereby rule in favor of the Defendant, as the Senate has already approved Rurge as the acting AG. This case is hereby adjourned.

The Federal Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back