Plaintiff

v.

Surferdude2132
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:
The defendant broke the contract therefore entitling us to file this lawsuit

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF
The defendant is clearly in violation of the contract by leaving the discord server before the end of the contract

I. PARTIES
1. Lynx
2. surferdude2132

II. FACTS
1. The defendant left the discord server
2. The defendant signed a contract
3. The contract lasts 2 months from signage

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. The contract the clearly states that the employment lasts for 2 months upon signage

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. 1000$ Maximum charge as the defendant was a high ranking member of the supply dept, the defendant was the head of supply

(Attach evidence and a list of witnesses at the bottom if applicable)

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 28 day of 2 2022

Last edited:
Evidence

Attachments

• DBABC3F1-6140-40EA-A9C3-F86C255BDB8E.jpeg
    DBABC3F1-6140-40EA-A9C3-F86C255BDB8E.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 95
District Court.png

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

The defendant is required to appear before the court in the case of the Lynx v. Surferdude2132. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favor of the plaintiff.

I'd also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

your honour, the defendant has failed to appear, what happens now?

I have asked the RBA for a public defender to represent the Defendant, however if they fail to respond within a reasonable amount of time, this case will end in a default judgment.

You're honor, I was selected as the public defender. I would like an extension of 48 hours to familiarize myself with the case.

Extension granted. You have 48 hours from your request to file a response to the compliant.

Your honor, due to real life circumstances I would like an additional extension of 24h on top of my previous one.

Your Honour, I would like to ask whether I can represent myself in court even though I've been assigned a public defender. I apologise for the waste of time.

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

Lynx
Plaintiff

v.

Surferdude2132
Defendant

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff has simply perjured themselves as the contract has already ended and nowhere in the contract is a date but I've gotten a screenshot provided from the Plaintiff themselves with the date, it says it was on the first of January which is clearly more than two months from the time I left.

View attachment 22190

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 5th day of March, 2022.

The Defendant is allowed to represent themselves, so I will be dismissing mask3d_wolf of his job as a public defender in this case. We will now move onto opening statements. The Plaintiff has 48 hours to present their opening statement.

You’re honour, the date this lawsuit was filed the contract was still in action therefore the defendant broke the contract on the 26th of February as this was 2 days before the contract expired. The defendant also gave us no notice before leaving.

Attachments

• 6F5FBEB9-9573-40D6-AC31-E21637B2F250.jpeg
    6F5FBEB9-9573-40D6-AC31-E21637B2F250.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 87
The Defendant my now provide their opening statement. They have no more than 48 hours to do so.

Objection, this is breach of procedure as they're supposed to present their opening statement now, not a single statement.

I will reject this objection as I counted the following statement from the Plaintiff as their opening statement because they were only supposed to provide their opening statement and nothing else.
You’re honour, the date this lawsuit was filed the contract was still in action therefore the defendant broke the contract on the 26th of February as this was 2 days before the contract expired. The defendant also gave us no notice before leaving.

In the District Court of Redmont
Opening Statement

I genuinely believe that this case is foolish as nowhere have I stated that I left the company lynx. I was still hired in-game when I left the Discord server so technically, I still hadn't quit my job. I would also like to remind the plaintiff that no contract term says it's required to be in the Discord.

Would either party like to call a witness. Please tell the court who you would like to call, if anyone, within the next 48 hours.

I do not wish to proceed in game. I also don't need any witnesses called up.

Your honour, i would not like to call a witness.

We will now move onto closing statements, the Plaintiff has 48 hours to present their closing statement.

CLOSING STATEMENT

Lynx
Plaintiff

v.

Surferdude2132
Defendant

Your honor, the defendant states "nowhere have I stated that I left the company lynx. I was still hired in-game when I left the Discord server so technically, I still hadn't quit my job." I believe this statement is wrong, the defendant is no longer in the company discord. and was never in the in-game company to begin with. Leaving the discord meant we could not communicate in any way, this caused major disruptions in the supply department, causing stress to me and supply came to a halt. this majorly affected us and should be dealt with accordingly. the defendant left the company by leaving the discord, its just common sense.

DATED: This 06 day of 03 of 2022

The Defendant has 48 hours to post their closing statement.

CLOSING STATEMENT

Lynx
Plaintiff

v.

Surferdude2132
Defendant

Closing Statement

As I stated before, I was hired in-game when I left the Discord server, and the contract didn't say that it is required to be in the Discord server. Since the contract did not say anything about leaving the Discord server, the breach of contract cannot be considered valid.

The plaintiff also stated that I left the company before the contract ended, which I didn't do since I was still registered in the company (in-game). Along with that, Discord is a way of communicating between people but it is not necessarily needed to work in-game.

In regards to still being hired in-game, I managed to find a log that clearly proves this true. The plaintiff claimed that "I was never in the company to begin with" but the screenshot attached below proves that this statement is wrong.

Therefore, the contract was not broken, and there was no breach of contract.

1646650708788.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-01 205457.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-01 205457.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 80
In his closing statement, BubblyBo stated the the Defendant, Surferdude2132, was never employed by Lynx in game. However this has been proven false with the Defendant's most recent screenshot. Because of this, I hereby order the DOJ to fine Bubblybo $1000 for perjury.

A verdict in this case will be posted shortly.

Verdict

VERDICT

Lynx v. Surferdude2132 [2022] DCR 9

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. The Defendant signed a contract stating that he wouldn't leave the company until at least 2 months after the contract was signed.
2. The Defendant left the company discord server before the 2 months was up.
3. The Defendant leaving the discord server prevented any communication, and is the same thing as leaving the company.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. The Defendant was hired and stayed in the In-game company the whole time.
2. Nothing in the contract stated that leaving the discord server counted as leaving the company.
3. Discord is a way to communicate, and doesn't affect the Defendant's in-game work.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. A contract must be clear and non-ambiguous in every sense.
2. The contract doesn't state anywhere that the Defendant can't leave the discord, in only states that they can't leave the company.
3. The Defendant was still hired by the in-game company therefore he still legally works for the Company.

IV. DECISION
1. This court hereby rules in favor of the Defendant. Because the Defendant still works for the company, this court finds that the Defendant did not breach the contract, and doesn't owe Lynx $1,000.

The District Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back