Supporter
RandomIntruder
RandomIntruder
economist

A​

BILL​

TO​

Increase the Minimum Commission to 70%​

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:
1 - Short Title and Enactment
  1. This Act may be cited as the “LDV RI Fair Compensation Act”
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
  3. This Bill was authored by Sen. LilDigiVert, Fmr. President Hugebob23456, Rep. Pugsy & Rep. Aladeen22
  4. This Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. LilDigiVert

2 - Reasons
(1) The rate of Minimum Commission has never been increased above 50%, it is time.
(2) If businesses wish to pay their employees a salary that is fine, however there is no reason they should be granted an exemption from the Minimum Commission.
(3) A majority of debate participants supported raising the minimum commission to 75%.

3 - Terms
(1) Section 3 subsection 4 of the Commission Expansion Act of 2021 shall be removed:

(4) Businesses that have an established wage system are excluded from having to apply a minimum commission.
1. If a business uses a wage system, they must explain how much they are paying their employees for the amount of time they work or for the number of items that they supply.
2. Businesses with a hybrid system of paying wages and commission are not excluded from the minimum commission rate of 50%.

(2) Section 3 subsection 2 of the Commission Expansion Act of 2021 shall be amended as follows:
(2) The minimum commission rate set at which a supplier shall receive is 50% 70% of the sales price set by the business or corporation.

(3) Section 3 subsection 3 of the Commission Expansion Act of 2021 shall be amended as follows:
(3) All businesses, registered and unregistered, must pay a the above codified minimum commission rate of 50%.

(4) Section 3 subsection 5 of the Commission Expansion Act of 2021 shall be amended as follows:
(5) The Minimum Commission rate of 50% will only be applied to chest-shops.

(5) Section 4 subsection 1 of the Commission Expansion Act of 2021 shall be amended as follows:
(1) The Department of Education and Commerce (DEC DoC) will be in charge of enforcing the minimum commission rate of 50%.

4 - Digi Raps

Damn, maybe I should do a twenty, maybe I should break that twenty, do a ten
Maybe I should break that ten, do a five, then if it gets live, do a five again
If he held his tongue on that live, he'd be alive again, damn
My uncle's sister know she raised a real one, ill one
It's been thirty minutes, I don't feel nothin'
Oh crap, wait a minute, think I'm startin' to feel somethin'
Where you get this hella based pill from?
Heard they got some sanctions on my name
Heard they plottin' on my name, heard they bankin' on my name
I got Luka in this brain and he might dunk it on a lane
I'm just— what? In the cut, throwin' Franklins on the game
I'm a— ayy, I'm a gentleman, I'm generous
I blow a half a million on kelp, I'm an environmentalist
I never put no prices on no beef until we really ended this
I pay a half a million for his soul, he my nemesis

Veto

This bill has been vetoed. After having discussions with members of the CRB, I have come to the conclusion that this bill is a drastic change and will not support the growth of business. This will also result in lowered investment spending by businesses, more business closures and extraorbitant price levels to compensate for reduced profits. Other results of this bill would include lower lower economic growth, raised inflation and raised unemployment in the middle class.

Back