Supporter
Hamhamham420
Hamhamham420
donator1
A
BILL
TO
Amend the Constitution

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
This Act may be cited as the “LDV PPT Removal Amendment”
This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
This Bill was authored by Mayor LilDigiVert & Rep. Hamhamham420
This Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. Tekkovvs

2 - Official Reasons
I've been outta my mind a long time
I've been outta my mind a long time
I know, I know, I shouldn’t even bother
With all these gossiping, no-money-getting bloggers
Fashion show in Gotham, I need another costume
Ian mad cause I made a jacket outta' possum
Awesome, Steve Jobs mixed with Steve Austin
Senators thinkin they really got him
If Bob J then every Jordan need a Rodman
Man, Bob, they don't really want no problems
Driving in the same car that they killed Pac in
Driving in the same urrr that they killed Pac in
Hands up, we just doing what the cops taught us
Hands up, hands up, then the cops shot us

3 - Unofficial Reasons

There currently isn’t a legal process to remove the PPT; this bill gives the Senate the same process as the House.

4 – Terms

Add:

The Senate
The Senate shall consist of 6 citizens, referred to as Senators (Abbreviated Sen.) who are elected for 4 month terms. The Senate acts as the house of review to the House of Representatives and cannot originate any bills.

The Senate shall internally elect a President Pro Tempore whose only powers shall be to cast an additional tie-breaking vote only in the event that the Vice President is vacant and to become President in the event that the President, Vice President, and Speaker are all vacant simultaneously. In order to remove the President Pro Tempore’s appointment, the President Pro Tempore must resign from the position or lose to a vote of no confidence (supermajority).

The Senate must have more than 50% of its total seats occupied to approve any motion, bill, or Presidential nomination. The Vice President does not count towards this figure of quorum.

In the event that a vacancy arises in the Senate, the members of the House may vote amongst themselves to approve a new member to the chamber. Such a motion would require a supermajority to pass and would require Senate approval but not Presidential assent. The House may also motion for a Special Election in accordance with the law outside the Constitution.

Motions to override Presidential veto are presided over by the President Pro Tempore rather than the Vice President to prevent bias

Any person may submit a petition on the forums to recall a Senator. Should at least 20 other unique people sign the petition, a referendum shall be held no more than 24 hours later. The referendum shall last for 48 hours. The live results of such an election shall not be made public and the results shall only be disclosed once polling has concluded. To determine the outcome of the referendum, the official in question is removed from office if the percentage of nays is less than the percentage that represents their seat in Congress. For example, if there are 4 seats in the Senate, each seat represents 25% and therefore fewer than 25% of responses would need to be nay for the official to be removed.

Last edited:

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted Presidential Assent and is hereby signed into law.

Back