Willow Resident
xEndeavour
xEndeavour
constructor
A
BILL
TO

Define what landlords are responsible when it comes to their Rentable regions

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Landlord Responsibility Act”
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Bill was authored by Building Inspector DrThunder7. Proposed by Representative xEndeavour

2 - Reasons
(1) We have seen an increase in plot owners creating whole plot rentals. This practice is a lazy way for people to horde plots and claim that they are helping.
(2) The landlords of those rentals do little to nothing to the plots and face no consequences for what happens on their property.

3 - Terms
(1) This bill will only apply to privately owned rentals.
(2) Landlord is defined as the person that appears as the landlord in /as info region and is the owner of the plot (commercial or industrial).
(3) Tenant is defined as the person that appears as bought by in /as info region.

4 - Responsibilities
(1) Landlords will be responsible for the following violations:
a. Eyesore violations
b. Empty plot violations
c. Lack of Progress
d. Non-compliance violations
e. Violation of Landlord Laws
(2). Tenants will be responsible for the following violations:
a. Inactivity violations
b. Non-compliance violations
c. Contains above-ground, visible farms.
d. Any rule that the Landlord sets for the rental region.

5 - Rental Regions
(1) The practice of creating rentable regions within rentable regions will be prohibited.
a. Exceptions are permitted for shulker placement areas in commercial plots.

Abstain - I have vested interests.

This bill has been granted assent and is hereby signed into law with the following understanding:

After speaking with key members of the community who have expressed great concern with this bill, I would like to clarify that the DCT will consider the transfer of ownership of rent regions as fulfilling the requirements to avoid a lack of progress or empty plot violation for all regions present on the same plot. I would also like to reaffirm that subjects of eviction notices are fully within their right to appeal the eviction before it takes place on the forums and are strongly encouraged to do so if they feel they are being wrongly evicted.

A
BILL
TO

Rescind the Land Lord Responsibility Act

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment

(1) This Act may be cited as the “Land Lord Responsibility Rescinding Act."
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This bill is hereby co sponsored by Representative poemHunter

2 - Reasons
(1) It is the responsibility of BI to enforce building regulations not property owners.

(2) This law will hurt the ability of new players to get plots as landlords will not want to risk their plots being evicted, which in turn will make the plot crisis worse.

(3) I recommend the DCT implement a policy to mandate structures be pre-existing for rent regions to ensure street eyesores are not an issue.

3 - Rescind

Last edited:
Aye- Too many people won't do their job of this so it's just better to remove it

This bill is invalid, it doesn’t have the legally mandated co-sponsor

The Sponsor is in now

It has been brought to my attention that the Land Lord Responsibility Act has the unintended effect of placing the responsibility of destruction caused by tenants on the land lord (i.e. someone can rent a plot and grief it [which I actually have seen happen in the residential district for some reason] and thus the land lord is responsible for the damage caused to the plot despite having not been involved with it). It has also been brought to my attention that many new players may lack the resources to make buildings which do not amount to eyesores which disproportionately affects them by causing them to rush on their structures in the instance that they rent out plots themselves (which I also saw in the harbor with the HEB) and causes what could be a great build to come out okay or causes them to get evicted. Mandating that rental plots have a building placed upon them beforehand and placing the responsibility for damages in the hands of the tenants fixes these problems. For this reason I will vote aye.

Presidential Assent

Seriously guys? Come on.

Back