218218Consumer

Speaker of the House
Representative
Donator
218218Consumer
218218Consumer

1626066248720.png

OFFICE OF THE PRESIDING OFFICERS

Information Link: Office of the Presiding Officers (click me)

Application Format:
- Username:
- Position you are applying for (Clerk/Press Assistant/Draftsman):
- Are you able to voice chat?
- What skills can you bring to the position?
- How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers?
- Why are you the best applicant for this role?:
- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?:
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team?
- Can you voice chat over discord?
- How active are you (times/days)?
- What time zone are you?
- Additional Information:

defte

Citizen
Press Assistant
Public Affairs Department
defte
defte
Username?
defte

Position you are applying for?
Press Assistant

Are you able to voice chat?
Yes! And I recently just set up a proper mic to have little to no issues with echos or anything.

What skills can you bring to the position?
As I have experience with debates outside of Democracy Craft on a national scale, I am an avid socializer. I can deescalate a verbal dispute whether it be in the media of the server or in the group. Also, as I'm on and not currently involved with the politics, as an active citizen in Redmont already, I can already get a lot research by the word of mouth about the political climate that I can apply to the position to aid my higher ups.

How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers?
Transparency. As I've chosen to stay rather neutral with parties of all sorts, I believe that saying it how it is and having the filter to apply citizen's beliefs is important. Having the Office of the Presiding Officers have a connection with all citizens, ( new or veterans ), ( politicians or miners ) is vital in all forms. As I'm new compared to other citizens and I've already made connections with lots of members of the server, I gain insight about people's likes, dislikes, knowledge from the press, etc. I can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers by taking accountability to include all sides of the spectrum.

Why are you the best applicant for this role?
I'd like to think I have a sense of authenticity as I am still quite new in the server. I've joined a couple of months ago and I have yet to learn, however upon the connections I've made in the server already- I think that I can be apply to supply information. I have the time to be thorough upon analyzing the press and media that is disputed out from the Office and I am ready to help and put my time into improving the Office upon my arrival.

Do you have any prior experience in political roles?
No, however I would love to be apart of the political realm of the server. I feel like this position would be absolutely perfect as I have experience both out of the server and in the server with the discussion of press / media for politics.

Are you able to effectively communicate with a team?
As corny as it sounds, there is no I in team. I am a team player, you have my word. As I am already working as an Event Coordinator on the server, it is vital to take into account that everyone needs to apply themselves and work in one notion. I already has started a company that is equally owned, and everyone plays an equal part. I am an evident thinker in the belief that all voices and efforts should be included and should matter.

Can you voice chat over discord?
I can 100% voice chat over discord. I have years of experiencing with VCs with all sorts of reasons in the case of technical difficulties or verbal disputes.

How active are you?
I am on about everyday, however moving forever I should be online from 6 PM and onwards. I am however on all day on the weekends.

What time zone are you?
EST

Additional Information?
Thank you for reading!

chrisorg1

Citizen
Chrisorg1
Chrisorg1
- Username:chrisorg1
- Position you are applying:Clerk
- Are you able to voice chat? Yes
- What skills can you bring to the position? I know how is in office and I am mostly always on Discord
- How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers? I just can I guess I will be doing what the job says I need. To do mostly.
- Why are you the best applicant for this role?: because I'm mother I love Democracycraft!ing chrisorg1 and I know people in the Senate and house and I talk to them all the time.
- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?: no
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Yes
- Can you voice chat over discord? Yes
Mostly everyday it depends on if I am doing something or if I have homework I am mostly on to 4 to 9 pm
- What time zone are you? CST
- Additional Information: nothing really.

Element

Former Staff
Justice Department
Environment & Recreation Department
Donator
Eleray
Eleray
Username:
Eleray

Position you are applying for (Clerk/Press Assistant/Draftsman):
Clerk

Are you able to voice chat?
Yes. I currently have TeamSpeak and Discord, and I am willing to download other software if necessary.

What skills can you bring to the position?
As someone with a large interest in Government and Politics, I have learned a lot about how procedure and order works in legislative bodies, including the Congress of Redmont. In addition to this, as a long-standing Attorney and former Judge, I am able to remain unbiased when asking others to perform their duties, such as when asking members to vote on a specific bill or motion. Also, from my experience in the Executive, I can easily keep sensitive information contained within the body that it should be presented to.

How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers?
I believe that as Clerk I can significantly help to reduce the workload of the Speaker, VP, and PPT. I am able to complete many different tasks in-game, on discord, and on forums. I will also make sure to help others in the office if they need help for any reason, and I will always make sure to act in a professional manner when contacting others about official business. I can perform any tasked asked of me in an efficient, professional, and helpful manner.

Why are you the best applicant for this role?:
I believe that I am the best applicant for this role for a variety of reasons, many of which I have stated elsewhere in this application. These reasons include my willingness to help presiding officers with their tasks, my knowledge of rules and procedure, and that I will always accept feedback from my colleagues on how I can do my job better. I also am very passionate about the political system on DC, and would love to get back into it.

Do you have any prior experience in political roles?:
Yes - I served as the first Judge on the server and then Treasurer. I also served as Judge again a few months ago for a short period of time.

Are you able to effectively communicate with a team?
Yes. I have worked in many teams on DC, being the bench, the cabinet, and the staff team. Each one of those teams has helped me learn something different about myself and about how I can cooperate better with my colleagues. I believe that should I be chosen as Clerk, I will be able to work well with all of the other members of the office and members of Congress.

Can you voice chat over discord?
Yes - I also am well-versed in the technical side of discord should anything go array.

How active are you (times/days)?
During Weekdays (Mon-Fri) I am active from 7pm-11pm, and on Weekends (Sat+Sun) I am active from 12pm to 7pm, and 9pm to 12am.

What time zone are you?
EDT/EST

Additional Information:
Thanks for considering me for this position!

seanboi

Citizen
seanboi
seanboi
- Username:
seanboi

Draftsman

Yes

I believe I am very organized, I know a bit about law and how it works, I have been told I am very ambitious and hard-working, and I am a great communicator.

I can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers by bringing good vibes and encouraging others. I think this server is pretty cool and I'd like to help somewhat. I am also unbiased, since I am relatively new so I presume that is also an added bonus.

I am the best applicant for Draftsman because I communicate effectively, I don't stop until the job is done, and I think I'd genuinely enjoy the job.

Not on this server but I am a Parliamentary member in Stratham.

I believe I am.

Yes

I am active on discord almost all day, and available to do stuff from 8-11PM EST.

MST

Thank you for considering my application! :alien:

Richie_Z

Citizen
BuisnessOfGlass
BuisnessOfGlass
- Username: Richie_Z
- Position you are applying for (Clerk/Press Assistant/Draftsman): Deputy Clerk
- Are you able to voice chat? Yes, but not able to talk often.
- What skills can you bring to the position? I'm very good at writing.
- How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers? I'm friends with RelaxedGV, former deputy clerk, and he has told me that people don't vote for stuff. I can make sure this happens.
- Why are you the best applicant for this role?: I have been *somewhat* mentered by RelaxedGV, and know what I have to do.
- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?: None.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Yes, I have a company and have to work with all of my managers.
- Can you voice chat over discord? Yes.
- How active are you (times/days)? 10AM to 10PM weekends, 5PM-8PM EST, possible earlier.
- What time zone are you? EST

Last edited:

HugeBob

Citizen
Secretary
Education & Commerce Department
- Username: hugebob23456
- Position you are applying for (Clerk/Press Assistant/Draftsman): Clerk
- Are you able to voice chat? Yes
- What skills can you bring to the position? I am familiar with the internal functions of the Congress, how it is meant to operate, and how to ensure members of Congress vote appropriately and in a timely manner.
- How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers? It will be my primary duty to ensure that the Congress is operating at it's maximum efficiency at all times. As Clerk, I serve as a facilitator, not an advocate.
- Why are you the best applicant for this role?: If I am not mistaken I have spent the most time in elected office cumulatively out of all politicians that we have ever had. Ever.
- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?: Ha. Ok fine I'll actually answer. I have served as Representative, Senator, Vice President, President, DEC Secretary, Speaker, President Pro Tempore, Economics/Education Advisor to the NAP, Vice President of the DRP, and Officer of the BDP. I have also fulfilled many unofficial duties for which titles do not exist, some of which the Speaker is aware of.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? I have served as a member of and a leader of many teams, be they political, private, or otherwise throughout my time on this server.
- Can you voice chat over discord? Yes again (repeat question kek)
- How active are you (times/days)? As much as I would like to be inactive, I cannot keep myself away. It is a curse.
- Additional Information: I will tolerate communistic acts. That's not directed at anyone in particular, just something the Speaker should take note of.

MintFlavouredJay

Citizen
Clerk
MintFlavouredJay
MintFlavouredJay
- Username: MintFlavouredJay
- Position you are applying for (Clerk/Press Assistant/Draftsman): Clerk
- Are you able to voice chat? Yes and I am 95% of the time able to speak. There is always the chance of a parent walking into the room to talk to me for a moment, in which case I will mute for that moment and alert those in the vc if I need to go.
- What skills can you bring to the position? I am capable of staying on schedule, when my irl activities do not interfere. I also have organizational skills to allow me to manage my schedule and stay on track with my endeavors. Finally, I have leadership experience from my current jobs as an Environmental Manager and COO of Apex Butchery.
- How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers? I would like to interact with and connect the Office and Congress so we can all get along like a family. Dang that's cheezy, but even if we don't agree with each other, I want to make sure we can at least be friendly towards one another. I am unaware of the current state of Congress in this way, but if everyone has an accepting attitude towards each other, I would like to keep it that way. I don't know if I can achieve this, but I sure can try.
- Why are you the best applicant for this role? I have leadership experience in both the government and business levels. As an Environmental Manager, I have been able to help my fellow DER employees to complete our projects and maintain our chaotic family-like dynamic in the department. As COO of Apex Butchery, I have been able to supervise, train, and assist the employees however I can, along with helping Layzur with the online orders and building of new locations.
- Do you have any prior experience in political roles?: No, but I believe this position will allow me to familiarize myself with Congress and help me to enter the political aspect of the server.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Yes, my experience as an Environmental Manager in the DER has given me much experience in team efforts, as we often have to work together on the National Park and large landscaping projects.
- Can you voice chat over discord? Yes
- How active are you (times/days)? I am active on Monday to Thursday from 8pm or 9pm to about 11pm, depending on how much homework I have on a specific day I can also be online from 5pm to 6pm. For the next 2 months the times I can log on during the weekends will be determined by family matters. I will either be online from 10am to 12pm or from 10pm to 12pm during the weekends. These times will likely stretch the entirety of that weekend. After the 2 month period, the longer option of 10am to 12pm will be most common.
- Additional Information: I may not have the government experience of others that have applied, but I hope I will be considered nonetheless. Thank you for reading!

xeu100

Citizen
xeu100
xeu100
- Username: xeu100

- Position you are applying for (Clerk/Press Assistant/Draftsman): Press Assistant

- Are you able to voice chat? Yes.

I can bring my speechwriting abilities, crisis management skills, and leadership capabilities, as necessary.

I want to make our members of Congress as successful as possible and to do that they need a good staff. I hope that I can improve the office by completing as much work as possible and exploring innovative ways to get important legislative work done faster, from a practical perspective and a public relations perspective.

Politics is all about appearance these days, and I will do the best job at taking a situation at its best, no matter what it is. My methodology is one of careful planning but will get the best results possible. I have all the necessary communication and collaborative skills that would be used in a position like Press Assistant.

Not on DemocracyCraft, no.

Yes, I enjoy collaboration and teamwork.

- Can you voice chat over discord? Yes.

- How active are you (times/days)? Daily, as necessary (generally between 3 pm to 8 pm)

- What time zone are you? Eastern Standard Time.

My methods are unusual and at times may seem counterproductive, but they will work. I am loyal, almost to a fault and I hope that I can build positive relationships with anyone I work with.

coolgamer878

Citizen
Draftsman
Education & Commerce Department
DodoJoe878
DodoJoe878
- Username: DodoJoe878

- Position you are applying for (Clerk/Press Assistant/Draftsman): Draftsman

Yes

- What skills do you bring to the position?
I am able to stay on schedule, and get things done on time. I am very organised with time and work. I am familiar with how Congress works and all the roles that are within. I am very active, on both discord and DC and will not fall behind on work that needs to be done. I am currently an economist for the DEC, so I am able to write reports efficiently and get them done in a timely matter.

One vital factor is that I will make sure the people know what’s going on in Congress, all citizens have a right to know what’s happening in their government. I will be professional, make sure work is done efficiently. I will also be transparent. Being transparent is another big factor that is needed in a good press advisor, if I make a mistake, I will take full responsibility and hold myself accountable. Being transparent improves and strengthens our democracy.

- Why are you the best applicant for this role?
• I am able to make sure work is done in a timely manner
• I promise to be transparent by holding myself accountable for my mistakes and to keep a close relation with the citizens on what’s happening in Congress
• I can work effectively in a team
• I understand rules and procedures
• I am organised, ambitious, hard working,
• I never leave things unfinished, or late. I can assure you all reports and work will have all the relevant information, format and will always be done quickly
• I am good at writing and note taking, these are both critical quality’s for being press assistant.
• I am able to construct detailed reports
• I was once a barrister when I started off on the server, this made me study about laws and the constitution. Subsequently, I am familiar to how the government works in DC
• I believe I am a sociable person, and have strong and respectful relationships with many players
• I have been on the debate team for a while now, so I know how to construct a good argument with factual evidence. The skills I have developed during this are linked with the skills needed for press assistant.
• My schedule is flexible, allowing me to go on DC whenever I am needed.

My only political experience so far is being in the NPR party council, however that will change soon, as I hope to get involved in DC politics a lot.

Of course, I use many communication skills in my day to day life. For example, I am part of a rowing and football team. I am an avid sports player and have to communicate all the time to win games and races! In real life I also work in groups to do projects etc, this has developed my skills a lot.

Yes, I go in discord VCs frequently, whether it’s playing games or just having a chat. I am familiar to using them.

I am usually on the server almost every day, mostly being past 11am EST. I am always on a lot during the week ends. however when I am not on, I am usually available via discord.

GMT (England)

Thank you for taking the time to read my application :D

(Edited for Draftsman)

Last edited:

Oofgl

Citizen
Oofgl
Oofgl
- Username: Oofgl

Clerk

no

I honestly have no I idea what they do

Yes?, i hope so

I am very active, determined and I will not give up when the times get tough. I'm also a very quick learner, so when I get there I learn what to do and I stick to it. I'm also very questioning, I'll call people out when something is up, and find flaws in the system to be fixed. I can also read through huge documents and find hidden meanings, I'd like to be a lawyer, but I keep failing the exam.

No, I plan on having this be the kickstarter to my career.

Yes, as long as the team is willing to work with me. though sometimes I may become recluse, but only when I'm working on something big.
no, not yet atleast

almost every single day after 4 PM

Central Standard Time or CST

My report may not be as long, but that shouldn't disqualify me. If you think I'd be better in other roles, please put me there. I have much better grammar and punctuation most the time, my fingers are just cold.

KaelynCream

Citizen
Justice Department
KaelynCream
KaelynCream
- Username: KaelynCream

- Position you are applying for (Clerk/Deputy Clerk/Press Assistant/Draftsman): Draftsman

- Are you able to voice chat? Even though I don’t have a proper mic setup, yes I can still voice chat

What skills can you bring to the position? I have a great understanding of the rules and laws of this server as I am a police officer. I am good at figuring out and solving issues having to do with websites or technology, which will be helpful for making sure that I merge and edit the constitution correctly and neatly. I also have lots of experience with online writing and formatting.

How do you believe you can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers? I believe I can improve the Office of the Presiding Officers by making sure that the constitution stays up to date on the new laws and that all accepted bills will be added to the constitution correctly and neatly. I will also make sure that the Office of the Presiding Officers is fun, yet still professional at the same time.

Why are you the best applicant for this role? I am the best applicant for this role because of my strong understanding of the law and politics of this server. I would also be great at editing the constitution and making sure it stays formal with my wide range of grammar and writing skills. My skills in the field of technology and problem-solving exceed many other people’s skills in the same field which will be good for fixing technical issues having to do with the forums and the editing of the constitution.

Do you have any prior experience in political roles? I do not have any prior experience in political roles on this server, however I am trying to be more politically active, and hopefully this can be my starting point for DC politics.

Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Yes, I have very good communication skills and I can relay ideas to other people very well.

Can you voice chat over Discord? Yes, I can. I am also well-versed in the technical side of Discord, so if any issues arise I should be able to fix them.

How active are you? (Times/Days: (Monday-Thursday) 4pm-6pm and 8:30pm-10:30pm EST (Saturday & Sunday for the next 2 months) if I am online during these days it will most likely be from 11am-1pm and 9pm-1am EST. I may me online in between these times, but these are just the main times that I am online.

What time zone are you? EST

Additional Information: Thank you for considering my application!