CIVIL ACTION

baole444
Plaintiff

v.

Zalvalas
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

baole444 requests that the marriage with Zalvalas be deregistered.

I. PARTIES
1. baole444
2. Zalvalas

II. FACTS
1. The Plaintiff and the Defendant were married by law.
2. The Plaintiff would now like to deregister the marriage.
3. The Defendant has not been on the server to facilitate this action.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. Pursuant to the Marriage Act of Congress, one party may sue for deregistration of a marriage from another party.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. Deregistration of the marriage between baole444 and Zalvalas.

Baole Representation Proof.png

It would not appear that the Plaintiff has a registered marriage in the marriages thread here. Could the Plaintiff please clarify where the official registration of their marriage is located?

Apologies, your honor. The Plaintiff's attorney used the word "deregister" interchangeably with "separate" and in common English, divorce. The marriage is not listed in the forum and is only through the plugin. I would like to again apologize for any inconveniences caused here. I was simply unsure of how exactly to file for a separation when one party was not on the server.

Last edited:

Verdict

In accordance with the Marriage Act, divorce cases can only be filed for officially registered marriages. This is because ingame marriages via the marriage plugin can be inaccurate and impossible to track.

I would implore the Plaintiff to seek out a lawyer to arrange an ingame divorce, via the command of /marry divorce. Should the respective spouse have gone inactive and cannot be online for the divorce, the Plaintiff should contact staff to address the issue in a console divorce as it is plugin-wise.

This case is hereby dismissed on lack of grounds, given the marriage is not officially registered via the Marriages subforum.

Back