CIVIL ACTION

BananaNova
Plaintiff

v.

Ugoslawia
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

The Defendant offered a deal on iron, proceeded to try and kill me instead of selling the iron after I paid, and then defamed my name in global chat.

I. PARTIES
1. BananaNova (Plaintiff)
2. Ugoslawia (Defendant)
3. dimitre977 (Victim of the scam, not a co-plaintiff in this case but appears in evidence)

II. FACTS
1. The Defendant offered in global chat one shulker’s worth of iron in exchange for “200 gold” (later clarified to dollars);
2. The Plaintiff asked to clarify if that was the deal, and the Defendant confirmed;
3. The Plaintiff paid the $200 and told the Defendant to meet to exchange the iron;
4. The Defendant told the Plaintiff to follow them, and then proceeded to pull out a gun and start shooting;
5. The Plaintiff killed the Defendant with a sword;
6. The Defendant then said that the Plaintiff and another individual had “Nationalist tendencies” and that “all nationalists should be purged”;
7. The Defendant admitted that they shot at the Plaintiff, and called the Plaintiff a nationalist again in global chat, while saying that the Plaintiff deserved a “head-splitting headache in lead"
8. The Plaintiff asked once more to get his money back and the Defendant told him to "Get some females lmao".

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. The Defendant scammed the Plaintiff, offering a shulker of iron for $200 that they never intended to give the Plaintiff;
2. The Defendant knowingly and with intent to harm slandered the Plaintiff, by misrepresenting the Plaintiff’s political positions in global chat;
3. The Plaintiff’s job as a judge makes this incredibly grievous, as impartiality with regards to political leanings are an essential part of doing the job effectively.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. One shulker’s worth (27 stacks) of iron ingots as promised by the Defendant, or $750 to reimburse the Plaintiff for the $200 lost, and the emotional suffering of having to fight for his life,
2. $250 for slandering the Plaintiff, and
3. $100 for legal fees, as the Plaintiff is an attorney.

1661741360734.png

The Defendant offering the shulker of iron for $200 and then leaving after the Plaintiff killed him in self-defense. (The Court may also note that dimitre977 complained about losing the exact same amount of money)

1661741597674.png

The Defendant admitting he shot at the Plaintiff, also calling the Plaintiff and the other victim of the scam, dimitre977, nationalists in global chat.
1661741727180.png

The Defendant calling the Plaintiff a nationalist and claiming that the Plaintiff deserved to be shot in the head.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 28th day of August, 2022

1661742331608.png

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

The defendant is required to appear before the court in the case of BananaNova v. Ugoslawia. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favour of the plaintiff.

I'd also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

Before any motion to dismiss or opening statements are presented, I would like to remind both parties about the option of having an in-game trial

@Banana do you agree with having an in-game trial?

The defendant has about 14 hours to present an answer to complaint or a motion to dismiss.

due to Ugoslawia's little presence on the forums, i and the defendant request that i represent him today.
Discord_CCoIUnP6mr.png

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

the defendant lacks a defense, we would like to request a judgment for the case. The defendant request to post his statement

The defendants statement:
1661896340335.png

DATED: This 30th of August 2022

Verdict

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

BananaNova v. Ugoslawia [2022] DCR 41

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. The Defendant scammed the Plaintiff out of $200.
2. The Defendant damaged the reputation of the Plaintiff.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. Doesn't dispute the charges presented by the plaintiff.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. The Plaintiff has shown enough proof to back up his claims of slander and scam.

IV. DECISION
1. I am ruling in favor of the Plaintiff and I hereby order the Department of Justice to fine the Defendant $1000 and to transfer that money into the plaintiff's balance.

The District Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back